EPNIA will once again host Neighborhood Night Out on behalf of the north end neighborhood associations, and this year’s event will be held on Tuesday, August 6, from 5-7 p.m. in Enos Park. There will be a picnic dinner provided by MJ’s Fish and Chicken, kids’ activities, and informational tables from many local organizations.
Here are just a few of the highlights:
- The Northside Community Children’s Library will have a table with free books and a dunk tank fundraiser. A dollar gets you three balls to try and dunk a Springfield Jaycee’s volunteer.
- Springfield Police Department will hold a K-9 demonstration and Springfield Fire Department will have a fire truck on hand.
- John’s Children’s Hospital will have activities for kids.
- Memorial Medical Center will have information from the Comprehensive Stroke Team, Memorial Behavioral Children’s Center/MOSIAC, and the Weight Loss and Wellness Center & Healthy Families.
- SIU will have representatives from the Access to Care Collaborative.
- Meet Curtis Morris, the newest Habitat for Humanity homeowner who will be moving into a newly renovated Habitat house in Enos Park.
- Representatives from the FBI Springfield Citizen’s Academy and Citizen’s Police Academy will be on hand to answer questions about their programs.
- And much more!
There will NOT be a neighborhood meeting in August, due to National Night Out. We will resume our regular schedule of potlucks and meetings the second Tuesday of each month on Tuesday, Sept. 10.